Winsor & Newton oil colour
The pigments are stunning, and there are 47 different colours to choose from, varying from opaque to transparent. The texture of each colour is very consistent. I found that this colour fits well with both a palette knife and a paintbrush, and it layers beautifully.
Bright and beautiful colours are ideal for artists who use vast amounts of colour as well as beginners learning the basics of oil painting. Each of the 55 tones has been meticulously created to bring out the best qualities of each colour, allowing you to make bold and vivid artworks. Winton Oil Color’s formulation, production, and quality management guarantee a substance with consistent working properties.
The pigment load of Winton Oil Colors is greater than that of many other artists’ ranges. Exceptional for general use and suitable for operating at the highest degree in huge volumes.
The Winton collection is much stiffer and has a more consistent quality than Artists’ Oil Colour. Brush and palette knife strokes are retained exceptionally well.
Lightfast and permanent
The most permanent pigments have been chosen for use with the Winton collection wherever possible. The preparation and packaging process ensure that the substance is stable inside the tube and that the paint film is as long-lasting as possible.
- Winsor & Newton is a paint company based in the United Kingdom. Winton Oil Colors are a specially developed line of oil paints that have a wide variety of high-quality colours at a reasonable price.
- Winton has a high pigment content and strong covering capacity, making it ideal for photographers, beginners, and amateur oil painters.
- The Winton series of oil paints is a classic collection.
- Made from pigments that are reasonably priced.
- Formulated for beginner and beginner artists, as well as more experienced artists who want vast amounts of colour at a reasonable cost.
- 37ml and 200ml tubes are available.
- There are 47 different colours.
- The Winsor & Newton Artists’ Oil Color collection includes a diverse and well-balanced palette of hues. They’re made from only the purest pigments, resulting in very clean, vivid colours with excellent colour mixing potential.
- Artists’ Oil Colors by Winsor & Newton have a buttery quality and keep brush and palette knife strokes well. Each colour has the highest number of pigments for consistent and good processing properties, allowing them to be lightened with white while still delivering vibrant colour. Single pigments are used to create individual colours wherever possible.
- All colours, with the exception of Alizarin Crimson, have the best lightfastness. Both colours are contact dry in 2-12 days when applied thinly.
Winsor & Newton winton oil colour
Winton Oil Color is the ultimate high-quality and affordable oil paint for beginners, beginner painters, and talented artists who use large amounts of colour.
Winton combines the best of Winsor & Newton’s painting heritage with cutting-edge technology.
Winton Oils are formulated with reasonably priced pigments that still have strong covering capacity and tinting ability — like authentic, excellent-quality cadmiums and cobalts — rather than lowering the pigment content to make a more economical colour. Although Winton Oils do not have the same pigment load as Winsor & Newton Professional Oils, they are still much superior to many other brands’ artist-quality lines.
Any Winton Oil paint is custom-formulated to bring out the pigment’s best natural characteristics. These paints have a more consistent quality and are somewhat stiffer than Winsor & Newton Professional Oils, allowing for outstanding brush stroke and knife mark retention. The gloss level varies by colour, but they have a more consistent sheen across the spectrum than the Professional line.